Inhuman: Boss in trouble for damaging 13-yr-old apprentice's scrotum

 The injured boy, Pelumi Fawibe

A photographer based in the Badagry area of Lagos State, Olajide Olaoye, has been arrested by the police from the Area K Division for allegedly damaging the private parts of his 13-year-old apprentice, Pelumi Fawibe, while beating him with a wire for allegedly being stubborn.

It was gathered that the incident happened at Olaoye's shop located at Ile Epo Bustop, on February 15, when he beat the boy so much that he damaged his scrotum in the process, leading to his being admitted at the Badagry General Hospital, where he is currently recovering from the assault.
Residents reported that the Olaoye was in the habit of brutalising the boy who lived with him, for any offence.
“The boy’s scrotum became swollen and was bleeding after he beat him up. He claimed the wire hit the boy’s private parts by accident. We invited the police who arrested him, but he had been released. He said the boy was stubborn. Is that how to discipline?” a resident who identified himself as Gbade querried.
In his words, the victim said:
“I am learning photography under him (Olaoye). He is my uncle and I have been living with him for three years.
That day, he punshied me for not washing his clothes, by making me to kneel down and he placed a big stone in my hands.
The stone fell from my hands because I was tired. He picked a wire and started beating me until it hit me in the scrotum. The spot is still paining me. I don’t want to live with him again; I want to go back to my mother.”
But Olaoye, in his defence, accused the boy of being obstinate, stealing, lying, absconding from the shop and coming home late.
“He is a very stubborn boy. His mother brought him to me three years ago. I enrolled him in a primary school and he is also my apprentice. He is in Basic 3 now whereas he ought to have finished, but he is dull. His stubbornness provoked me to beat him up. I mean well for him. He usually returned home late.
That Sunday, I told him to wash his clothes at the shop. He left home and went somewhere else to play. He came back in the afternoon and I was angry with him. I told him to raise a stone and assigned a boy to flog him if he did not raise his hands properly.
He let the stone fall on the boy’s head and that was why I beat him up. I didn’t intend to harm his private parts. It was a mistake. I would have taken him back to his mother, but he is still receiving treatment at the hospital and I want him to recover fully,” he said.
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Wordpress Tips