Our first valintine's day

TODAY is lover’s day all over the world and it’s time for couples to exchange special gifts and cel­ebrate. Sunday Sun asked some celebrity couples their experiences on their
first Valentine’s Day to­gether and it was wonderful to go down memory lane with them.
Excerpts:
  I goofed on our first Valen­tine’s Day as couple  –Bukunola Gadzama, CEO Buildcon Group
My first Valentine’s Day with my spouse was very embarrassing. I got married in November of the preceding year and somehow, I didn’t know why I believed that once a couple is mar­ried, they don’t celebrate Valentine’s Day. The Valentine’s Day after my wed­ding, I was busy with a friend trying to help her package gifts for her boyfriend and I completely forgot that as a wife, I should celebrate as well with my hubby. I got home at about 7pm because there was traffic jam that day. My house was unusually dimly lit but then the dinning room was aglow with a candlelight and my husband had laid table for dinner. He also garnished the table with roses. I was really embarrassed because I didn’t think about it too, but I learnt thenceforth that as a married couple, romance doesn’t end on the wedding day.
On our first Valentine’s Day, we had dinner, then watched movies –Prince Tonye Princewill
Rosemary and I attended UNIPORT but never found time to explore our interests further than friendship. After graduation, I tracked her down to the UK and over time, we became lovers as she stole my whole heart and my last name along with it. Our first Valentine’s Day was in 1993 and it had a traditional blending as we had dinner and watched movies. I don’t remember the movie we watched, but I remember the restaurant very well. It was the Poons Restaurant in Whiteleys, in a shopping mall in Bay­swater, West London. It’s a Chinese res­taurant we often patronized on special occasions. Poons is usually overbooked but we booked earlier and aside that our frequent patronage earned us some privi­leges. We got a seat by the window and it was perfect.
He proposed to me on our first Val’s timeout  –Ndidi Obioha, CEO, Enthyst Events & Fashion Klinic
The first valentine we had together was probably my most memorable as that was the day he proposed to me. It’s interesting, because I didn’t in anyway see it coming, as we had been dating for 10 months and I didn’t realize I had wowed him that much. I remember receiving a beautiful bouquet of roses that morning and the most nicely poetically written card. Also, he had ar­ranged a dinner at a restaurant and I re­member our table was on the balcony of the restaurant and exclusive to us. I could tell a lot of effort had gone into making the whole arrangement as the other cou­ples were all inside and when we settled down, I noticed he was a bit uneasy as he visited the restroom like four times in less than two hours. I later realized he was go­ing back and forth trying to perfect and rehearse his lines. Finally, just as we were finishing our last course, he went on his knees and I thought that he was trying to pick up something, he then reached out to me, held my hands and popped the ques­tion. The rest they say is history.
He took me to a ballet concert –Amb. Hafsat Tafawa Balewa
My first Valentine’s Day with my husband was romantic and it was on a weekend. I woke up in the morning and he wasn’t there and I thought he was in the bathroom but within a few minutes he came to the room with a bouquet of two dozens of roses and breakfast.
After we both had breakfast in bed, we now took shower together. Later in the evening, he took me to a ballet concert which was glo­rious and subsequently we had a late night dinner with champagne. The rest of the evening was bliss­ful.

He slipped gold rings on my ten fingers  –Pastor Eunice Iferi Chukwuemeka, Wining Power Int. Ministry
My first Valentine’s Day as a married woman was a quiet one because I lost my mother-in-law about a month after our marriage and her burial arrangements were in progress, but the following year’s Valentine’s Day was very romantic. It was a fortnight to my husband’s birthday. My husband said to me, “I’m taking you some­where you will not see or talk to anybody but me” adding “you need all the loving, pampering, eating, sleeping and movies.” It was more of an indoor thing. The most fascinating aspect of it was that my hus­band asked me to marry him all over again and this time put a gold ring on each of my ten fingers. It was a two-man engagement party but I bet it was more romantic than the one organized by both our families and friends which further buttresses the point that marriage, after all is said and done, is for two. We spent some days in Dubai and proceeded to Maui Island in Hawaii where we had two weeks of uninterrupted time together. It was very romantic, refreshing and our bonding took a whole new dimen­sion.
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Wordpress Tips