MUST READ: How we shot Church in Hell – Prince Kelechukwu

 
On Sunday, December 6, De Santos Hotel, Akowonji, Lagos, came alive as it witnessed the premiere of Church in Hell, a movie produced by MAPDI Production Company. In this interview,
Prince Odinkemelu Kelechukwu, the director of the movie talks about his partnership with his American partner,
Claude Similus, and Church in Hell among other is- sues.

Excerpts:

Tell us about yourself and what drove you into movie making?
I’m Prince Odinkemelu Kelechukwu, movie producer, actor and director. I’d say it’s innate. I remember as a child, after watching English movies, I’d gather my friends and we’d go into a nearby bush and begin our own productions. I unconsciously played the role of a director because I was telling them what to do. Also, at my local Church, I started and headed the drama group until I left for Lagos. However, growing up I ventured into business because I was forced to learn a trade after the demise of my father but here I am today doing what I love doing best.

How many movies have you produced so far?
Actually, this is my first movie. Before now I worked with the best hands in the country. Let me quickly say that I am not in this alone. I have an American partner who is the Executive Producer by name Claude Similus. Mr. Similus is the President of MAPDI Production Company, the platform
behind Church in Hell.

Could you tell us about Church in Hell?
Church in Hell is a true life story. Though set in Nigeria, the event took place when he was a young man in the USA. Church in Hell tells the story of a young man seeking true fellowship with his maker and his ordeal at the hands of some so called ‘Men of God.’

How did you meet this American?
It was through a friend, Isioma Ero. We were discussing about Nollywood and she told me about an American friend of hers who had been duped twice in his quest to shoot Nollywood movies. She asked if I could deliver if given the opportunity, I said yes and that was it. She got me connected to Claude, I was given a trial and at the end of the day, we succeeded in producing our first job which is Church in Hell.

#FOC report
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Wordpress Tips